Friday, October 9, 2009

ugh...

Last weekend, my bff H & I went away on a girlfriend road trip. We went to Capitol Reef/Torrey, UT. We laughed and laughed and laughed some more. We took hundreds of pictures. We saw beautiful things in nature. We listened to some great music (thanks in part to H's husband who made each of us a road trip mix cd). We drank coffee in the morning, Diet Coke & water during the day and had beer and wine with dinners and just all-around thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Here's a few pics...

On a very overcast Sunday, about 40 mi. from home I got a call from my son, telling me that someone made a left turn in front of him while he was driving my car, a 1989 Toyota Corolla I named Katharine Hepburn. My son & his friends, thank God, only sustained some neck pain which is eased with Ibuprofen & Flexeril. My car was totalled. Toyota Corolla vs. Ford Expedition - no contest.

So, this week has been alot of phone calls, going over information, sitting at home with no car for the first couple of days. Wednesday we went to Carmax and found another sweet little Toyota Corolla, a 2007. I hate the thought of a car payment and having to pay for full coverage on the car but you gotta do what you gotta do. I'll be glad when everything is settled. Is this week over yet?

With the beginning of October comes another photo challenge between me & Ms. T. Omgoodness! She's kickin' my behind in this month's challenge! Her photos are excellent, exquisite and extra-fall-tastic! Go check out her blog! And, btw T, I LOVE your new blog banner!

Lots to say here...it's been a while! Here's my Unintentional Collection mini album...

After I was finished with it I realized I made a mistake. I made it to turn the pages right to left but I meant for the pages to be flipped. I didn't think about that fact when I was putting the pages together. Oh well...I like how it turned out anyway. It's perfectly imperfect.


It's the weekend - finally. I have errands to run, kids to shuffle here & there, the last of insurance paper work to complete and Sunday we're planning on heading up to Snowbird for Oktoberfest. That will tie up the weekend nicely. I joked with my husband this week and said with the accident and all that goes with it (paperwork, phone calls, finding a new vehicle, etc) it kind of defeats the purpose of having been away over the past weekend. lol H & I did have a super duper fun time though. I'm still riding on the high of all the laughter and the good chatting sessions we had so that's a good thing.

Thanks for stopping by. What are your weekend plans?

1 comment:

themathchick said...

It sure looks like you had a great time on your girlfriend road trip :) That was a chaotic ending to the weekend though!! RIP Katharine Hepburn....but Yay for a new car (boo for car payments though)!! Does your new car have a name yet?

I LOVE your Unintentional Collection mini!! LOVE IT!! It just looks fabulous :)

Did you make it to Oktoberfest? If so, I hope it was tons of fun!