Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fini

I finished painting my little $5 yard sale sewing machine cabinet a couple few several weeks ago. (Isn't it amazing how fast time goes by?!) I'd like to share it's transformation with you. (Please forgive the two camera phone pics).

Here it is, just purchased. With every sewing machine cabinet purchase they were giving away drinks from Wendy's. (Ok...they weren't. I have to be honest - hee hee) Inside of the cabinet lurked a -I'm guessing- circa late 60's/early 70's Kenmore dinosaur of a sewing machine. That didn't work. It was removed and junked. (Blurred edges of photo not for aesthetics & beauty but to block out ugly garage stuff).


a little more detail...


the day of painting. I used two cans of RustOleum Universal Satin Spray paint.


Mmmm...satiny....black....prettyyyyyy....


And here she is, her place in our home. Complete with a brushed nickel handle (that opens nothing - just for looks). She's the perfect size - not too big, not too small. She sits here by the door to the garage. In that leaf bowl is some fall scented potpourri.

I'll be back with fall-tastic fall challenge photos....soon. Pretty close to soon. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Gosh, I'm all about keeping it real today. Is it because it's a Sunday? Well, whatever.

THANK YOU for stopping by today. Enjoy your day :)

1 comment:

themathchick said...

I LOVE it!!! You did a brilliant job on the little sewing machine cabinet :) It looks wonderful in your entryway. Way to upcycle, girlie!!