Thursday, November 18, 2010

{i} create{ed} something!

When I put this blog together I made it thinking/hoping I was going to be more crafty & creative than I've actually been so the actual posts of things I've created are far & few between. Sorry about that. :)

Last year around this time I came across a tutorial for a simple yet lovely wreath made with paper leaves at The Red Thread. I had a few books I was going to get rid of so I pulled out the pages from one of the books. On Christmas Day last year I cut the leaves out of the book pages & cut the wreath shape out of an empty cereal box, with the intention of making the wreath that same day or over the weekend. Ah....but I'm a procraftinator extraordinaire. That and the fact that I couldn't find the box of staples for my stapler.

Fast forward to yesterday. I pulled the cut out leaves & wreath from storage (and few days ago I finally made a real effort to look for "missing" box of staples) so, armed with my loaded stapler I got down to business to make the wreath. I hit a snag along the way though. The stapler is an oooollllllld office stapler that had been my father-in-law's way back when he was the head of a bank. When I first started stapling the leaves onto the wreath form, the first 3-4 went on without a hitch. Then the 5th staple was a blank. After many hit & misses and a few curse words I discovered that the ol' stapler needed a good upside down shake after every staple to move the staples inside of it closer to opening. Anyhoo...a couple of hours later the wreath was finished.

I'm going to keep my eye out for some heavier wrapping paper made of kraft paper because I really like the wreath in the tutorial. You could use almost any paper for this project from scrapbook paper to magazines to book pages to wrapping paper....anything.

I'd also like to try my hand at a coffee filter wreath like this one at Nesting Place. Being I like kraft paper so much I could use natural coffee filters as opposed to white but I do like how the white looks.

I'm also working on my December Daily, thanks to the inspiration of Ms. T. She's on the ball with this project! Kudos to you, Ms T!

1 comment:

themathchick said...

Kudos to you, Ms. O, for finishing this project :) It's a really cute wreath...I'll have to give this a try myself. But not until my December Daily is finished ;)