Tuesday, August 25, 2009

stuff

Summer has been busy but not busy at the same time. My kids' birthdays, growing tomatoes, running kids and friends here & there, tending to a kitty post-surgery, watching hummingbirds, getting ready to go back to school...see, busy but not busy at the same time.


...healing...Gigi's healing from surgery real well. In fact, she's pretty much feeling like herself it seems. Chasing flash light beams, playing hide-n-seek, sleeping on clean laundry in the basket...you know, usual cat stuff. But....the biopsy wasn't as positive. The tumor was cancerous. The vet said the tumor usually comes back in the same place but is more aggressive and could spread. So, we wait & watch and look for any changes. The vet said he could remove a tumor again if it comes back and he could also do a radical kitty masectomy. I don't know why he didn't do that in the first place, being the tumor was in her mammary gland. He did say too that he's had a couple of patients that didn't have a tumor return....so there's that bit of hope. I'm going to remain hopeful until it is clear that there isn't a reason to be. Thanks so much for your continued thoughts & prayers for my kitty's health. =^..^=
on to lighter things...
I've been taking lots of pictures. I don't know what I'll do with ALL these images but I just enjoy the process of taking the pictures. At one point during this summer, I realized I had a little collection of feet pictures...a different perspective of the moments that happen.


My unintentional collection mini album is STILL in progress. It kept getting pushed further and further onto that very back burner. But, guess what....today happens to be the first day of school for my kids so I'm thinking that album is gonna get finished sooner rather than later!

Here are some things that I've been gathering lately. . .


Frames, photo holders, paint chips, ball trim, felty ricrac, felty shapes, bead trim....oh my!

I've been loving what Elise Blaha is doing over in her little corner of the world, with her orange & gray wedding plans. Those colors inspired me to pick up those gray & red-orange paint chips. I've always loved gray, in all of it's many shades, especially the darker gray and I like that red-orange too. That Elise girl rocks the ampersand!

Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully with school underway now I'll get more time to devote to the things I've been putting off. Besides my mini album to work on, I have a little table that I have started sanding. It's a little sewing machine cabinet that I got at a yard sale for $5. I removed the sewing machine & junked it (it didn't work) and after it's sanded I'll paint it black and add a new drawer pull (purely for decoration) and it will have a home in my little hallway that leads to our garage. I've been wanting a little table to be a catch-all area for when we're leaving & returning home. I'll post that project when it's finished.

Enjoy your week.

1 comment:

themathchick said...

I love the photo of your tomatoes :) and I'm so glad to hear that Gigi continues to do well - I will keep on sending good vibes and prayers for her.

That's so great that you've been taking lots of pictures lately - I've been having trouble getting back in to my picture taking groove...I'm hoping that clears up soon ;)

Oooooh!! Thank you for sharing the photos of some of your recent creative inspirations :) I love the beaded trim, and is that a bird I see on that felt ricrac??? You know what they say about birds ("they" being "we" - LOL!!). Your sewing machine cabinet renewal project sounds way-cool...I'm hoping to see some photos of the finished project!!

This post of yours has really got my creative vibes flowing...woo hoo!!