Monday, July 27, 2009

{gigi}

If you're not yet acquainted with my cats, Gigi in particular, then let me introduce you to Gigi...






She's had a little lump just below her front right arm and now it's grown into quite a sizeable lump. We took her to the vet on Saturday where the vet determined she has (at the least) an abscessed mammary gland - or worst case scenario, a tumor, in addition, behind the abscess. The vet gave her a shot of antibiotic/cortisone and then wrapped her torso up because he said he felt the abscess would burst that night (Saturday) or the next day and once it ruptures it'd be a smelly, bloody mess (sorry to gross you out), and sent us home with an antibiotic liquid we have to give the cat everyday. It's now Monday and nothing has happened. We have the option to call the vet to make another appt to take Gigi back in to have the abscess drained but then that's more money - or wait it out and see if the thing ruptures. I hate to have to think about the money on something like this but in this economy I have to.

So, if you happen to be visiting my blog and you're a pray-er please pray for my kitty and this situation of ours. :) Thanks!

2 comments:

themathchick said...

I've had Gigi in my thoughts since you first told me about her little lump...I'm sorry to hear it's not been getting better. I will send you and Gigi all the good vibes, thoughts, and prayers that are possible to send. Give your sweet kitty some pats for me. Huge, virtual hugs to you as well!

O said...

Thanks T....that means so much!! :) =^..^=